Author Topic: Uber in Lahore  (Read 189 times)

Offline Jazi

• View Profile
Uber in Lahore
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:54:01 PM »
AOA everyone!

Please let everyone know your experience with uber cab service be posting replies to this discussion thread.

Offline Jazi

• View Profile
Re: Uber in Lahore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »
My experience with uber is the worst one could ever face. On top of that uber did not take  notice of it despite repeated requests!

Here is what happened... When my ride arrived, someone was sitting with the driver, who was a probably a relative of his. I however didn't discuss this with the driver. Didn't even complain that why he arrived so late. Anyway, rightaway the driver asked me to request uber once again after reaching the destination. I refused straightaway and he kept insisting for a while and I kept refusing. He started looking back at me while driving to persuade me. I told him to keep his eyes on the road otherwise he will hit something.

He told me yes he will hit something which was frightening and he looked out of his mind. Then he stopped the ride and told me that I should give him money for fuel. I told him I will pay him when I arrive at destination. Not before that. He kept insisting again and wasn't moving. I told him I am being charged for the time so he should keep moving.

Next thing he said he is going to cancel the ride if I didn't pay him right away...

According to him he cancelled it. And pressured me to get out of the vehicle as he has accepted another request. I told him I won't get out without a confirmation message of cancellation. I didn't receive that message but got out as the person sitting with driver started saying some aggressive words. Guess I wanted to avoid the fight.

I repeatedly complained uber about this incident. I told them to please make sure that they deal with this particular driver so he can't spoil someone else's day like he did to me. But all in vain. They asked me for details upon repeated complains which I provided, but they didn't even bother to reply to my email.

Offline Sara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 01:58:27 PM »
Jazi this is very unprofessional conduct from Uber.

As of me, I have traveled only twice with uber. And only issue I faced with Uber is that they drive really slow to make few extra rupees.

Uber charge riders for the time spent while driving. They charge you for every minute you spend in the car. Thus drivers drive slow to make more money.
So, one has to pay extra and time is wasted.

Offline Hafiz Azhar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 11:35:23 AM »
Uber is not worth it IMHO... Drivers are rude

Offline Zarqa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 02:56:51 PM »
Very very very very very very very bad experience with Uber

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT RECOMMENDED TO ANYONE ON PLANET EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

This driver after picking me up from my home, stopped the car after around 1 kilometer, saying have you stopped the ride and I told him that only you the driver can cancel it, I can not. He said anyway it has been cancelled, now I will have to start over again.
So Uber users will understand what this mean.... That I was charged initial cost i.e. 150 Rs for first trip and then again cost of second trip was charged....

Once I reached my destination, I told this driver that you have to die one day and you know that you have overcharged me by stopping and then again starting the ride!

I have been hearing bad encounters with uber from others too.

Avoid uber while you can.... get some auto rickshaw or something else... Thank you